Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, we are looking for an Account Executive to join our Brokerage and Forwarding Solutions team. You will build a book of business, own the sales cycle from end-to-end and be backed by a cross functional team of marketers, customer service, and customer success individuals.
What’s in it for you?
- Impact. Our brokerage and forwarding solutions are maturing and we want to capitalize on our unique offering, accelerating our expansion in the market. This is your chance to join us on an exciting growth trajectory as we disrupt the marketplace; and you work to ensure prospects know who we are and what we can do. You will be a key player in our continued success, presenting our value proposition, following our sales process to engage new logos, and closing deals over a 3-6 month cycle. You will learn, grow, and thrive in our entrepreneurial and autonomous environment.
- Exposure. This is a chance to work with top strategic global clients, act as a leader, initiate and share new ideas, identify solutions, managing and developing executive contacts within the Logistics Service Providers market. You will stay up to date with innovations, applications, technical changes, market conditions, emerging trends, and initiatives involving competitive activities to effectively position our solutions as the choice for clients to address significant business issues and grow their revenue stream.
- Professional advancement. At Descartes, we value the contributions that each of our employees makes towards achieving our corporate goals. We strive to ensure that each team member has the tools and support they need to make valuable contributions. You will have the chance to collaborate with and learn from globally recognized industry leaders who pride themselves in delivering quality services and market-leading innovations. As we grow, you will have the opportunity to move up to expand the solutions portfolio you are selling or move into a Sales Manager role.
What you bring:
● Tenacity and a proven history of success. You have enterprise SaaS solutions sales or logistics operational or sales experience and the drive to identify, pursue, and close sales opportunities. You are empathetic, consultative, and curious with a passion for bringing clients the technology solutions they need to make their days easier and their work more efficient. You can successfully engage clients, build relationships, present solutions, and secure new and repeat business. Domain knowledge and experience in freight forwarding, customs brokerage, or supply chain management is a plus.
● Exceptional collaboration. You thrive in a high-performance, team-oriented culture. You believe in winning as a team, and you pursue your goals and professional growth with dedication, integrity, and high ethical standards.
● Business planning. You are metrics-driven and insightful; diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
Location: This is a remote opportunity, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States. #LI-Remote
Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000 USD Base plus Sales Commission.“Compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills as well as the years of experience you have. Similar positions located in different geographic regions will not necessarily receive the same compensation.”
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.