Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 26,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
Activation Consultant will help grow the Descartes’ Global Logistics Network by efficiently on-boarding customers and their trading partners onto the Network.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project and/or problem analysis and for identification, implementation, testing, client training, deployment and documentation of the customer and its trading partners.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment in an international team, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
- Interact with new and existing customers to complete requirements gathering, mapping specifications, project objectives and on-boarding activities.
- Develop and execute project plans.
- Set up customers and trading partners on the Global Logistics Network.
- Analyze customer requirements.
- Provide time/effort estimates as requested.
- Troubleshoot errors and issues reported by customers.
- Interface with customers and other Descartes departments.
- Audit and monitor messaging traffic as project progresses.
- Communicate with customer on progress of the project.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues as they arise.
- Work with a few VAN’s and operations groups to track projects and monitor data flow.
- Develop and maintain project documentation throughout the project.
- Set up trading relationships for existing customers based on information conveyed via email or by phone.
- Provide ongoing support to other team members and colleagues.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
IT, Project Management University education (Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree)
English – Upper intermediate (B2)
Microsoft Office – Advanced
XML – Medium
Visio – Medium
Personality requirements and skills
- Working with EDI messages or related work experience is an advantage.
- EDI message syntax (CARGOIMP, XML, EIDFACT, etc.) is an advantage.
- Knowledge on below subjects is considered an asset:
- Air-cargo syntax such as cargoIMP and cargoXML
- Air-cargo message flows and/or business flows
- Customs Security Filings (air-cargo) and related message flows
- Familiarity with various communication protocols (sFTP, FTPs, AS2, HTTPs etc.).
- Good planning and organizational skills, multi-tasker.
- Analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Zilina-Activation-Consultant-010-01/577630717/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→