Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
As a Business Consultant, you will be part of a Project team that collaborates on the implementation of our transport management solutions at customers. Within the team you will be responsible for specifying and analyzing customer needs (requirements) and converting these needs into a suitable solution. You will work with the project team from the start of the project to the final delivery of the solution to the customer.
In addition, you must be a commercially equipped and a reliable advisor for our customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent through experience in a relevant position.
- You should have a good knowledge of supply chain and transport management and the associated processes.
- Have an ability to convince a customer for the most optimal standard solution.
- You should have an affinity with ICT solutions.
- You should have a good basic knowledge of integrations using interfaces and messages such as API, XML, ANSI
- You like to stand with your feet in the mud and are a doer.
- You must have knowledge and experience with SAP or other ERP / WMS platforms.
- You must have experience of design methodologies and techniques.
- You should have experience with project work. (Prince 2 foundation)
- Customer oriented,
- Stress resistant,
- Experienced working in an international environment,
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both Dutch and English.
- Collecting customer wishes and requirements and translating them into clear business and functional requirements for the Descartes system.
- Advising the customer in the most optimal solution.
- Giving customer presentations/demonstrations with the project manager.
- During the project, help ensure that the scope of the solution is monitored.
- Send substantive discussions with customers and suppliers.
- Aligning customer solutions within the various Descartes departments and companies.
- Validating the delivered integral customer solutions.
We are a fast-growing organization in an international environment. We offer a flexible and informal work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You have opportunities to contribute new ideas and we welcome a fresh perspective. We offer you a good salary and fringe benefits. The atmosphere is informal, but also professional and everyone is willing to help each other.
You will work at our office in Woerden and/or from home, occasionally you will visit the various offices of Descartes and customers. Woerden is easily accessible by public transport, and there is also sufficient space for parking.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.