Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
The Descartes Customer Success Management Team is available to the customers’ management and super users to help drive adoption, address support issues, and optimize their experience on the platform. Our team makes an impact on the growth and success of their portfolios and the company, partnering with customers to increase expansion and engagement. Acting as trusted advisors they cultivate advocacy, delivering insights, best practices, and value-added recommendations. As we continue growing our customer base, we are looking for a Customer Success Manager to join us in the remote North American team. You will play a critical role in supporting engagement with our LSP (Logistic Service Providers) products, Broker & Forwarder Enterprise Systems. You will be responsible for managing the overall health and relationship of the LSP customers, focusing on their individual and network success using Descartes’ solutions.
What’s In It for You
Exposure. You want to channel your expertise in the industry (customs brokerage, freight forwarding, and carriers), and support SaaS products and relationship building towards solving complex problems for customers with dedication, integrity, and high ethical standards. At Descartes, we take a bottom-up approach, giving voice and opportunity to every team member to make an impact on how we evolve to attract and retain more customers. This is a chance to work with top strategic global clients, create engagement with customized solutions, and collaborate with internal sales and product teams. In addition, you will gain exposure to our other products and solutions. This is not project-based work but an opportunity to nurture ongoing trust with your clients.
Career Growth. You want to collaborate with and learn from globally recognized industry leaders who pride themselves on delivering quality services and market-leading innovations. At Descartes, we foster a high-performance, team-oriented culture and provide a place where you can pursue your goals. You will help shape the team and build and adapt the processes to ensure customer success. You will be coached and supported as part of a growing team with the chance to move into a team lead or people manager role or across to another business area, including sales or implementation.
What You Will Do
● Demonstrate your domain experience. You will act as a trusted advisor, provide strategic consultation, and address customer inquiries. You will identify our customers’ organizational business needs and goals to better understand how we can succeed together. You have the intellectual curiosity to dive deep into customers’ business and identify how Descartes can provide value.
● Drive retention. You will proactively engage customers and develop action plans to optimize usage and mitigate any churn risk. In addition, you will identify opportunities for growth and nurture customers into advocates to further Descartes’ goals.
● Manage a portfolio of accounts. You will conduct data-driven, solution-oriented business reviews and successful meetings. In addition, you will facilitate customer migration to our new web-based solutions, setting them up on the platform, suggesting and negotiating additional features, demonstrating capabilities, and providing training.
● Collaborate. You will work with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Implementation teams on webinar development and improvement/feature suggestions based on customer feedback.
● Grow your knowledge. You will stay updated with technical changes, market conditions, government regulations, emerging trends, and initiatives involving competitive activities to reinforce our solutions as the choice for clients to address significant business issues and grow their revenue stream. Create delighted customers by demonstrating a commitment to their successful use of Descartes Broker & Forwarder Enterprise Systems. Drive increased user adoption and customer engagement, creating long-term mutually beneficial relationships and enhancing customer support experience. Monitor customer health, retention, and day-to-day support activities. Advocate for the customers with Professional Services, Product Management, Engineering, and Support teams to champion customer enhancements or bug fixes that will improve the customer experience.
What You Will Bring
● The experience. You have five years of experience in a B2B customer-facing role with a background in Account Management, Customer Success, or SaaS product consulting. You understand and have the skills to manage pricing, renewals, and negotiations, all focusing on retention and growth. You possess a commercial mindset and focus on value for the customer.
● Domain expertise. You have familiarity with customs brokerage, freight forwarding, supply chain management, international trade, logistics, or shipping industry practices.
● The customer focuses. You have exceptional communication, presentation, written, and negotiation skills. You can build relationships to cultivate life-long business partnerships. You take a consultative approach to working with customers to engage and optimize their usage of software products. You are naturally curious and passionate about bringing clients the technological solutions they need to make their day more manageable and efficient.
● The business planning. You can dig deep to understand your clients’ big-picture organizational goals and the root cause of business problems, effectively aligning solutions to address complex issues. You are metrics-driven and insightful, communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and overcoming barriers.
Location: This is a remote opportunity, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States.
Salary Range: $55,000 to $75,000 USD “Compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills as well as the years of experience you have. Similar positions located in different geographic regions will not necessarily receive the same compensation.”
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.