Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
As a Customer Success Manager for our Descartes Routing and Mobility pillar, your primary focus will be maintaining product usage success for some of our largest customers. As their primary point of contact, you will be responsible for the day-to-day and long-term success strategies of these accounts by learning their business profile and ensuring they are using our product successfully. The responsibilities are customer-driven and therefore wide-ranging, requiring adaptability and creativity.
We are looking for people to join our team that are service minded, goal oriented, and results driven. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience supporting trucking companies of all sizes. We offer a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, advancement from within, and a fast paced and exciting work environment.
- Be the customer’s primary point of contact and manage their day-to-day needs specific to their use of the Descartes Routing and Mobile applications
- Build and maintain relationships with key customer principals and develop a working understanding of their business and Descartes value alignment
- Lead Customer Success Meetings to educate customers on product value, new features, best practices, and collect feedback from users to improve their experience
- Manage communication cadence for your assigned customer base
- Be proactive and creative in identifying and remedying customer issues that are preventing their maximization of the Descartes routing products
- Leverage other internal departments to find solutions to a variety of customer needs with focus on customer satisfaction and retention
- Engage with customers and develop action plans to mitigate any potential risk of churn
- Look for new, creative ways to increase customers’ utilization of Descartes products
- Develop a strong understanding of products and services integrated with Descartes routing software
- Travel less than 10%
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the transportation industry is required. A focus in the areas of routing, dispatching, mobile, telematics, carrier management, and customer account management is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer-facing role with a proven track record of driving customer success in a project-driven environment is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to collect information from other departments and communicate to customers in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to utilize interpersonal skills to build business relationships quickly
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience working for a SaaS software product company is a plus
- Experience with software systems testing and troubleshooting is a plus
Salary Range: $55,000 to $70,000 USD “Compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills as well as the years of experience you have. Similar positions located in different geographic regions will not necessarily receive the same compensation.”
This is a remote position based out of your home office, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.