Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
As we continue to grow our customer base, we are looking for a Customer Support Representative to join us as part of our remote North American team. You will play a critical role as the first line of contact for our clients, troubleshooting issues, and providing application training and support.
This is an opportunity to continuously grow your insights in supply chain management solutions and act quickly but thoughtfully.
What’s in it for you
Career growth. At Descartes, we foster a high-performance, team-oriented culture, and provide a place where you can pursue your goals. You will help shape the team and contribute to building and adapting the processes to ensure customer success. You will be coached and supported as part of a growing team with the chance to move into a team lead or people manager role or across to another business area, including sales or implementation.
What you will do
● Provide customer support. You will work collaboratively and independently to respond to client concerts and provide customer care through active listening, timely and efficient problem-solving, and transparent communications. You will deliver application training and provide guidance on best practices.
● Create documentation. You will develop procedural and diagnostic documentation. You will update customer contact and call ticket information within existing databases.
What you bring
● The experience. You have 2+ years of experience in a B2B customer-facing role supporting SaaS applications. You understand and have the skills to manage multiple tickets with competing priorities. You have a proven track record of exceeding expectations and meeting customer SLAs and your own goals. You take a consultative approach to work with customers to understand the issues and optimize their usage of software products. You are naturally curious and passionate about problem-solving, diving into technology to recreate problems and research solutions.
● The technical skills. You have worked with a ticket management system such as Freshservice or Zendesk. You have exposure to mobile computing platforms (Android, iOS. Windows Mobile) and CRM software. You are comfortable conducting diagnostics and creating support documentation. You can quickly learn and apply new tools and methodologies.
● The interpersonal skills. You have exceptional communication, conflict management, and negotiation skills. You are highly collaborative and can build relationships to foster trust and influence. You can translate technical concepts and directions for a nontechnical audience, exhibiting patience and empathy. You persevere despite challenges.
● The flexibility. You understand the name of technical support and are willing and able to work outside of standard business hours and on-call as part of a rotating shift.
Location: This is a remote opportunity, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.