Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
We are looking for a digital marketeer to join our Transport Management Marketing team Logistics is complex. Descartes, one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology providers in the industry, makes it simpler and more efficient for more than 20,000 customers around the world. Here’s where you come in. We are looking for an experienced digital marketeer based in Benelux to help drive awareness and demand generation programs through online channels for our transport management solutions in Europe.
Core responsibilities include
- Manage and maintain the transport management solution pages on the Descartes websites.
- Improve organic results from the website by optimizing existing pages and creating SEO-friendly creative media (text, images, video, audio, etc.)
- Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns and build landing pages for these targeted campaigns.
- Manage SEA/online advertising channels (Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads).
- Manage and maintain the social media platforms of the company to raise brand awareness and enforce our social media presence. Creation of Social media posts (copy + graphic design based on templates).
- Analyse the results of online efforts and experiments and flag possibilities for improvement.
Experience & skills
- You have a minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in digital marketing.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of German and French would be a bonus.
- Basic knowledge HTML & CSS.
- Good knowledge of SEO/SEA. You are analytical and able to set up reporting for your keywords, ads, landing pages and their conversion.
- Good copywriting skills.
- You have group collaboration skills as well as the ability to work independently and under deadline constraints, overseeing a large number of projects and activities.
- You are a flexible and independent professional. You don’t mind shifting priorities and planning if needed. You can take on a project and look for answers and solutions when you’re stuck.
- Work for the rapidly growing global organization, founded in Canada, with several European offices.
- Full-time position.
- Lots of learning opportunities with new tools like 6Sense and Folloze
- An environment where you have the possibility to take responsibility.
- Hybrid working model
- You will report to the Head of Marketing in the Benelux.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.