Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
We help high growth direct to consumer brands and retailers to deliver consistent customer experience by transforming the warehouse and inventory management to work within our proven playbook for e-commerce fulfilment.
We are growing fast and invite you to join our amazing division. We are aiming to continue to double down and grow sales across the business yet again, but we need your help! Reporting to the Vice President Sales of eCommerce we are looking for an experienced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial sales leader who has built and scaled teams. Working in partnership with the eCommerce leadership team we are seeking a Sales Director to help accelerate growth in our eCommerce Division.
The ideal candidate has a track record of winning complex deals at executive level by using a value driven, consultative sales approach. You will need to be a motivator, decisive, persistent and you are a champion of business development, thriving and loving hunting new business accounts.
You must be able to build value to displace the competition on something other than the price, solve problems, asking the right types of questions at the correct times whilst being an active listener and critical thinker. You should be willing to help your prospects develop a solution vision using your products as a centerpiece, be able to show your activities and understand the importance of tracking your data. You will need to desire to make a six-digit income and possess the desire to earn significantly more year over year.
The role comes with a benefit of working remotely in a flexible working environment.
- Coaching – people describe you as a coach who wants to improve their team week-on-week, month-on-month.
- Goal oriented – you are driven by meeting both individual and team goals, you are a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Business planning – passionate about continuous improvement and building a team to ensure that the sales plan (quotas) are met.
- Sales process – you are a champion of a milestone-driven repeatable consultative and value driven sales process.
- Problem solving – you are a strong problem solver and excel at listening and asking the right questions at the right time.
- Hands on – you have no issues in joining meetings or calls and helping your team at any stage in the sales process to improve our winning position.
- Manage a team of 5-6 Sales Reps in Europe.
- Establish and maintain partner network in the ecommerce ecosystem to create new business pipeline and offer our prospects and customers new solutions to help them better run their business more efficiently.
- Implement regional sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Contribute to marketing strategies, analysing trends and results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories and projecting expected sales volumes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Works closely with the Sales Reps to close new business accounts at all stages in the sales process.
- Recruiting – building and coaching a team that exceeds annual sales quotas.
Knowledge and Skills
- Track record of consistently exceeding/meeting seven figure quota in the enterprise software space.
- Execution of a highly proficient, repeatable sales process.
- Creativity and ingenuity in developing successful sales strategies; have a working knowledge of the eCommerce or warehouse and / or logistics technology industry along with a pulse on what is forthcoming.
- Value based selling / customer centric selling.
- Invest time in coaching your team.
- Market knowledge.
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
BA/BS/BTech degree or equivalent.
Track record of five years in SaaS sales as an individual contributor and exceeding quota bookings (seven-figure ARR quota in the SaaS space).
First leadership role of a team 2-3 Sales Reps.
You are a natural coach – you value, enjoy and get personal satisfaction from helping your team grow.
You prefer working in a fast-paced environment.
You are highly proficient maintain high performance standards and ensuring CRM hygiene.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Director%2C-Sales-e-Commerce-EMEA/576906317/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→