Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Descartes Systems (USA) LLC, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, seeks an Electronics Hardware Technician. Position is 100% remote (work from home), with appropriate telecommuting systems. This position will be a member of our Electronics Hardware Engineering team implementing, maintaining, repairing, and assisting with design of embedded tracking devices utilizing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and network nodes.
Specific duties include:
- Set up electronic systems and devices;
- Assemble and connect system components (e.g. cables)
- Build prototype models based on technical guidelines;
- Test system functionality and analyze data;
- Repair malfunctions in circuitry and other system structures
- Update reports and maintain inventory;
- Collaborate with engineers to design and develop embedded tracking devices and BLE network nodes;
- Active involvement in selection processes for hardware componentry as well as software;
- Continuous improvement of all aspects of embedded hardware and software;
- Work with quality assurance and project management to ensure best overall delivery of products to customers with minimal defects
- Provide technical support to third party service agents (including South America);
- Develop rigorous and robust testing systems for all hardware devices and systems; and ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are current and complied with at all times.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics, plus three (3) years of experience in an electronic technician position working with Radio Frequency tuning and related computer componentry.
- Experience must include: three years of experience working with RF transceivers, amplifiers, filters, mixers; Integrated Circuits (ICs); Antennas and RF connectors; Microcontrollers and Microprocessors; RF PCB design; Passive Components (resistors, capacitors, inductors); Active Components (transistors, op-amps); Sensors; and Power Electronics Components; (ii) PCB design, embedded software design and in-depth experience with electronic circuit topology; (iii) working with GPS/Radio Frequency concepts and test environments; (iv) broad electronic testing/circuitry and familiarity working with various tools and equipment including RF test equipment (spectrum analyzers, VNAs), Oscilloscope, frequency generators, and Electronics CAD design tools; (v) electronic systems, in particular including Printed Circuit Boards, CMOS, firmware, and memory operations; (vi) Electro-Static Devices “ESD” precautions; (vii) soldering skills, crimping, calipers, hand tools, oscilloscopes, and Multi-Meter; (viii) Altium skills; (ix) working with global teams using multiple communication tools and CAD/design management applications; (x) experience producing consistent, positive results with minimum supervision; and (xi) experience with high quality design tools/processes including GitHub/DevOps, Engineering Change Requests, design management, and testing practices (test suites/cases).
- Must have knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Bluetooth-based asset tracking systems utilized for multiple organizations/industries including general aviation, air cargo, airport ground service equipment, and freight forwarding.
Salary Range: $50,000 to $58,000 USD “Compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills as well as the years of experience you have. Similar positions located in different geographic regions will not necessarily receive the same compensation or currency.”
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Electronics-Hardware-Technician/576203717/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→