Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a dynamic, growing organization? We are currently seeking an Incident Management Centre (NOC) Representative to join our team. The IMC (NOC) Representative will be responsible for the first response for global incident management. This includes monitoring of the environment, applying Descartes procedures and practices, maintaining documentation and providing first response support for internal and external incidents. The successful candidate will be required to work in a 24X7X365 environment, closely with the IT teams, Product Expertise Support departments and R&D.
- Your responsibilities will be situated within the following domains:
- Oversee the Global Server, Network and Application Monitoring Systems (consisting of all servers, routers, switches, firewalls and related infrastructure, operating systems, applications and cloud environments such as Azure and AWS). Respond to and address system-generated alerts.
- Follow the Critical Incident and Escalation Management procedures to accurately coordinate, document and report on critical incidents.
- Working with Incident, Problem and Change Management modules within our ticketing system.
- React quickly to incidents and follow the documented knowledge articles or established procedures to restore normal operations.
- Perform windows patching in accordance to documentation and change processes.
- Answer phone calls coming in to the IMC and assist customers as required.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Run reports on key performance indicators.
- Create and maintain documentation for the IMC.
- Perform other duties as required by your manager.
- IT diploma or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and basic networking.
- Knowledge of Monitoring tools such as SCOM, SolarWinds, Zabbix is an asset.
- Basic Linux Knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to learn new technologies in a dynamic IT environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency coupled with strong decision-making skills to identify and resolve various levels of incidents.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate with teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with ITSM ticketing would be an asset.
- Requirement to work shifting hours
You are fluent in verbal and written English.
Makati City, Philippines
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Makati-City-IMC-Representative/568687317/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→