Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
As an Implementation Engineer for our Descartes MacroPoint product you will assist our customers to utilize our software to the maximum benefit it provides. This includes the ability to explain the features and functions that are available, how best to use them, manage all aspects of customer project, best practice for releasing the software out throughout their organization, and monitor ongoing customer success. Additionally, you will be responsible for designing customer training programs, and be a voice of the customer back to our product development team recommending new features to be developed.
• Be the subject matter expert on the Descartes MacroPoint platform, which includes the understanding of the configuration options, API’s, and ability for customizations.
• Act as project manager for assigned customer accounts overseeing and documenting all aspects of the specific customer project
• Understand the workflow and system process needs of different customer types and align with the capabilities of MacroPoint.
• Act as the Trusted Advisor to key MacroPoint customers and communicate enhancement requests back to the product team.
• Work cross functionally with the Carrier Activations Team for Carrier Onboardings as needed.
• Perform product demonstrations in a variety of settings, including internal meetings and virtual training sessions.
• Train customers on the features and value of Descartes MacroPoint across various users (Director, Manager, Staff).
• Understand all workflows and integrations and be able to speak to those and deploy them with customers.
• Provide integration support (explanation of available API’s, set-up, and testing) & Product Configuration.
• Monitor and engage customer on best practices of product, ongoing carrier compliance, and overall customer success
• Work cross functionally with multiple teams including Operations, Sales, Customer Success, and Support.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business or 2 years of experience in project management, software implementation, configuration, testing and integration.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience with technical messaging protocols and formats including: XML, HTML, HTTPS, FTP, EDI, ANSI x12.
• Experience with REST/RESTful WebServices and APIs.
• Knowledge of SQL Server, relational databases and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) a plus.
• Experience working in a software product company and software development lifecycle.
• Experience with systems testing and troubleshooting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (with examples).
• Experience in supply chain or transportation software a plus but not required.
• Ability to build business relationships quickly.
Location: This is a remote opportunity open to applicants authorized to work in the USA.
Salary Range: $55,000 to $75,000 USD “Compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills as well as the years of experience you have. Similar positions located in different geographic regions will not necessarily receive the same compensation.”
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Implementation-Engineer/566924417/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→