Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Descartes NetCHB is growing and looking to add a full stack Java Developer to our team, with demonstrable software development experience, specifically with Java related technologies. A solid practical understanding of Web based software development, and strong troubleshooting skills gained via hands on experience is important for this position.
Our core software product consists of a multi-tier web application. Java, using the Struts/EJB web and application frameworks are core to our technology. Our application is evolving continuously to meet the demands of our clients as well as to meet regulatory, security, and industry standards.
The Java Developer’s role is to help further the development of our applications and will work on new initiatives including new application functionality. The role also includes support and maintenance of existing applications in production, as well as supporting various programming initiatives to meet business objectives and service level agreements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new application features and enhancements to existing functionality.
- Develop and unit test complex programs/modules according to specific business and design requirements in an efficient and accurate manner in order to meet deadlines and exceed customer expectations.
- Provide detailed system/design documents to meet development methodology and to facilitate knowledge transfer as well as increasing application maintainability.
- Provide support and enhancements to existing production applications in a timely and accurate manner to increase effectiveness of our business.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Review and troubleshoot production related issues/questions that come to us from our customer support team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education, competencies, and experience:
- Experience with the Struts framework and/or EJBs is a strong plus.
- Experience working with MySQL and a solid understanding of creating well performing SQL queries.
- Experience working with GIT source control management.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and deploying pipelines is a strong plus.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies.
- Written and oral English communication skills with the ability to communicate technical constructs in user-friendly manner.
- Flexibility and versatility to effectively manage sudden maintenance issues along with lengthy development projects.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Montevideo-Java-Developer/567214917/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→