Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
As a Junior Systems Administrator at Descartes, you will be part of a team that secures, install, manage, and automate our cloud systems. Thanks to your ambition and your technical know-how you are making informed decisions to build solutions, implement new technology, provide training, maintain our infrastructure, and assist our development team.
• Participate in the design and development, implementation, and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure alongside your team.
• Communicate with the different teams to exchange about system dependencies.
• Deploy, Install, configure, and maintain, servers, resources, and network infrastructure.
• Ensure that adequate monitoring is in place to detect any security or availability issues for escalation.
• Ensure industry best practices are applied uniformly across the environment.
• Make suggestions to optimize system performance.
• Automate tasks, updates, and deployments.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues.
• Maintain and update technical documentation and internal processes.
• Follow business processes to document changes.
• Work outside operation hours.
• 1-3 years as a cloud system administrator or equivalent.
• Degree in information technology.
• Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows systems.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent Knowledge of AWS, and Azure cloud environment.
• Ability to automate tasks with multiple technologies, Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ansible, and Terraform.
• Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Active directories, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, Web Server (IIS, Nginx), SSL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MQTT, IOT, Firewall.
• Knowledge of tools for IT Configuration Management, Deployment & Orchestration.
• Security knowledge, best practice and protect data from intrusion, loss, and corruption.
• Ability to communicate clearly in French and English, both spoken and written.
Location: This is a hybrid position and may require the employee to come to our office in Sorel-Tracy near Montreal for a couple of days per month. #LI-Hybrid
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.