Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Descartes is currently looking for an intermediate Back-End developer to complete its agile mobile communication software development team. The Descartes wGLN is a cloud distributed backend SaaS solution that provides the business logic used to standardize and monitor millions of daily near real-time transactions between our various mobile and dispatching solutions.
As a Back-End developer, under the supervision of the Team Lead, you will actively participate in our research and development initiatives as well as the design and development of our current platform.
- Follow and contribute to implement the technical vision of the wGln backend systems.
- Document requirements and issues.
- Perform and develop unit testing and peer code review.
- Anticipate and assess complex issues and propose adapted solutions.
- Apply software development processes and policies defined by the development management team.
- Participate to software releases.
- University degree or college diploma in software development or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in agile methodology.
- Good knowledge of C# and SQL languages.
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio.
- Good understanding the microservice architecture.
- Knowledge of MSSQL, Redis, MongoDB, or Elasticsearch, an asset.
- Knowledge of .Net Core, Docker, MQTT, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kong, Hyperledger Fabric, an asset.
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud environments is an asset.
Location: This is a Hybrid position and may require the employee to come to one of the offices in Montreal. #LI-hybrid
Descartes est présentement à la recherche d’un développeur backend de niveau intermédiaire afin de compléter l’équipe de développement agile de sa plateforme de communication mobile. Le wGLN de Descartes est une solution SaaS backend distribuée dans le cloud utilisé afin de standardiser et surveiller des millions de transactions quotidiennes en temps quasi réel entre nos différentes solutions mobiles et de répartition.
Description de poste
En tant que développeur backend, sous la supervision de votre chef d’équipe, vous devrez participer activement à nos efforts de recherche et développement ainsi qu’au design et au développement de notre plateforme.
- Suivre et contribuer à l’implémentation de la vision technique des systèmes backend de wGln.
- Documenter les requis et les problèmes
- Effectuer et développer des tests unitaires et de la révision de code.
- Anticiper et évaluer des problèmes complexes et proposer des solutions adaptées.
- Appliquer les processus de développement logiciel ainsi que les procédures tels que définis par l’équipe de gestion du développement.
- Participer aux livraisons des logiciels.
- Diplôme universitaire ou collégial en développement de logiciel ou expérience équivalente
- Maitrise de la méthode Agile.
- Bonnes connaissances des laquages C# et SQL.
- Bonne maitrise de Visual Studio ou VS Code.
- Bonne compréhension de l’architecture micro-service.
- Connaissance de MSSQL, Redis, MongoDB, ou Elasticsearch et un atout
- Connaissance de .Net Core, Docker, MQTT, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kong, Hyperledger Fabric, un atout
- Connaissance des environnements AWS et Azure cloud est un atout
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.