Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
The Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations NA will manage a team responsible for multi-platform data center operations, database, server, storage, and network infrastructure. You will be responsible for the 24x7x365 health of our critical SaaS product infrastructure. Additionally, you will assist in the transition from on-prem to Public Cloud over time while ensuring our on-prem datacentres that won’t make this transition are evolving and staying current. This means you will help evolve our facilities into next generation datacentres with a combination of automation, technology innovation and process evolution.
• Work closely with IT peers in other regions, Development, Security & Customer Support teams to Plan, develop and optimize the IS Infrastructures globally,
• Organize collaborative discussions with various stakeholders to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the public & private cloud environments
• Ensure newly acquired companies are fully integrated into Descartes from an infrastructure, operational process and IT resourcing view
• Lead incident management activities from inception to resolution as well as follow up root cause analysis
• Implement automation techniques to maximize efficiencies for how we manage our critical systems
• Manage and oversee all corporate backup and replication infrastructure and strategies.
• Manage and oversee transition & integration to Public Cloud infrastructure
• Manage and oversee the logging and monitoring of infrastructure.
• Work closely with the IT cyber security team to maintain the overall security of Descartes network, data, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• 10 years working in large-scale enterprise environment
• Strong knowledge in Virtual Server, Network & Storage technologies
• 5+ years in a supervisory/leadership role over on prem infrastructure operations
• 3+ years of experience working with Public cloud environments
• Extensive experience working closely with cross function teams (Dev, Security & Support).
• Ability to lead Root Cause investigations to reduce downtime
• Excellent Multi tasking & time management skills. Proven communication skills
• Proficiency with automation packages (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet)
• Experience integrating new companies through merger/acquisition activities
• Datacentre consolidation and/or Cloud migration experience would be valuable.
Location: This is a Remote/Hybrid opportunity open to applicants authorized to work in Canada.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.