Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
As the Online Marketing Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to lead digital marketing strategy and campaign planning that drives traffic to Descartes customer-facing websites. The position will report directly to the Senior Director, Online Marketing, focusing on managing and optimizing the digital marketing advertising spend, measurement, and analytics. Responsibilities include all digital media activities, including SEM, paid social, and other digital ad campaigns and marketing initiatives while reporting on and optimizing results. We need a creative and high-performing marketer who will help design and implement best-in-class marketing campaigns that drive engagement among our audiences as they research and shop for logistics technology solutions. This role will lead strategic projects, drive collaboration, and help elevate Descartes’ digital marketing with quality and consistency to scale. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the digital marketing landscape, data targeting and analytics, content / creative development, full-funnel marketing from brief to execution, and possess an ability to drive innovation. This role is also crucial for helping to drive standardization and adoption of the digital marketing processes and technology utilized by the global organization. We are looking for a Digital Marketing Rockstar!
- Lead all aspects of paid media advertising, including budgeting, forecasting, strategy and planning, targeting, the building of campaigns, ad copywriting, A/B testing, negative keyword management, bidding management, and optimizations with the goal to drive consideration and purchase intent for our solution pillars
- Lead Account Based Marketing (ABM) efforts with the ability to optimize and personalize messaging for high-intent buyers, and drive alignment on ABM strategy for Descartes’ inbound marketing channels
- Have a perspective on email marketing and SEO as part of the overall digital marketing strategy, though direct oversight of these channels is not within the scope of the role
- Lead the development of paid media strategies and plans, utilizing competitive analyses and historical data to develop best in class campaigns in support of Descartes’ global annual operating plans
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints
- Drive performance management and ensure solid marketing ROI; identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights and
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize the user experience
- Oversee agency team(s) to ensure budgets are optimized, targets are met/exceeded, and reporting is streamlined
- Work collaboratively to align digital marketing campaign strategies and efforts with the broader marketing organization
- Support marketing technology investments and drive ROI by acting as an administrator and super user of key platforms, support exploration of new areas for investment, including innovative and emerging channels and technologies,; implement best practices around improving processes and results to champion adoption by peers
- Serve as an internal digital marketing thought leader; helping to identify digital marketing trends, new technologies, evolving best practices, competitor activity and testing opportunities that help drive the business forward
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Marketing / Business / Sales Operations
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience; demonstrated expertise with B2B digital & omnichannel marketing – including programmatic advertising (search, social, ABM advertising, media buying, negotiating, and procurement). As well as digital lifecycle management including nurture programs & on-site experience
- Demonstrated experience with both performance and brand marketing strategies and tactics.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google, Adobe, etc.), and ad-serving tools
- MarTech experience with ClickDimensions (MS Dynamics CRM), FreshMarketer, WordPress, Drift, Live Chat, Monday.com, Folloze, and 6sense preferred
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Proficient project management skills: organized and able to multi-task and prioritize multiple workstreams
- Results-oriented with a proven track record of driving results across multiple channels and initiatives
- Analytical and data-driven with the ability to interpret and review data, glean insights, and report on ROI results with internal stakeholders
- Creative development and agency management experience including briefing and partnering with agencies to develop creative concepts to drive results
- Innovative and strategic thinker, creative problem solver with data-driven analytical aptitude, ability to ask the right questions, and to organize information quickly and set direction
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, quality of work, and outstanding time management skills
- An innovative and transformative leader with the ability to navigate and influence change in complex and fast-paced environments
- Confident, likable, collaborative, passionate, and results-oriented
Location: This is a remote opportunity open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States. #LI-Remote
Salary Range: $65,000 to $75,000 USD “Compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills as well as the years of experience you have. Similar positions located in different geographic regions will not necessarily receive the same compensation.”
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Online-Marketing-Manager/568420017/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→