Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Sales Operations: Data Administrator
As part of the Global Sales Operations team, this person is responsible for sales related data management, and associated processes and systems. Additionally, this resource will liaise and collaborate with various other departmental resources (sales, marketing, finance, etc.) to support data quality and accuracy as well as process adherence. This role is integral to supporting the sales process and operational improvement initiatives related to customer/sales lifecycle management and data management projects.
• Maintenance/Adherence and sharing of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Supporting Descartes’ various teams (Sales, Finance, Contract Admin etc) to improve administrative efficiency and process adherence while being attuned to positively impacting prospecting efforts and deal velocity
• Sales Training/Education, with respect to data management
• Record (Account, Contact, etc.) auditing
• Data entry and maintenance (adherence to SOP around changing/updating record information in multiple databases/systems)
• Verification of potential and existing customers as legal entities using various online sources
• Mass verification and validation of acquisition data and subsequent integration with existing databases
• Data quality alignment across integrated applications
• Reporting and Data Analysis: manage to quickly identify gaps in data quality/processes and resolve
• Monitoring data health
Qualifications and Key Attributes:
• Post-secondary education, background in business/sales/finance/administration is an asset
• Working experience/knowledge of Microsoft CRM Dynamics (or knowledge of another CRM platform eg. Salesforce) is an asset
• Must by capable of working with and analyzing data in aggregate
• Skilled with Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PPT)
• Must be proactive, extremely detail-oriented and highly organized
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
• Comfort with the culture of a fast-evolving organization in an ever-changing industry
• Energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
• Ability to work effectively, knowledgeably, and collaboratively with a wide range of internal company functions
• Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.