Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
You facilitate and maintain successful relationships with customers and prospects. By doing so you create, identify, qualify, and develop new sales in line with the set targets. In your role of Senior Account Executive, you will report to the VP of Sales, who is heading a small but energetic sales team, willing to go that one step further to meet the customers’ expectations and get the deal closed. The sales team is supported by different corporate departments (e.g. marketing, pre-sales, legal) and by a local sales support organisation. Knowledge of the Supply Chain and Logistics and how it supports the retail, food, construction, and manufacturing industries is required.
- You achieve your personal quarterly and annual sales targets.
- You create, identify, and qualify sales opportunities for all Descartes products and services with a specific focus on Transportation Management, Routing, and Mobile, for prospective and existing clients in the UK and Ireland.
- You facilitate and maintain successful relationships with clients and partners.
- You develop new business with customers and prospects.
- You ensure proactive face-to-face coverage of target accounts with appropriate forecasting.
- You hand over new deals in a structured manner to the delivery organisation and closely monitor customer satisfaction throughout the implementation phase.
- You represent Descartes at events and seminars.
- You are an enthusiastic ambassador of the Descartes organisation and its customers.
- You are able to set up an Account Planning and create a sales plan accordingly.
- You maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM registration on the deals that you are working on.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent sales planning and closing skills.
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Good impacting and influencing skills.
- A real team player, able to work in a virtual team with pre-sales, business analysts, and partners.
- Very keen on personal organisation.
- Results-driven, and able to achieve objectives by identifying opportunities and building a pipeline.
- Significant experience in the industry in a similar role.
- Proficient in English, knowledge of another European language is desirable.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Senior-Account-Executive/574251117/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→