Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Your role involves seamless collaboration with cross-functional teams, including colleagues from various locations. Fluent communication in English is essential, as you will actively engage in discussions and collaborative efforts with team members.
– Be proficient in React with a strong emphasis on testing, and demonstrate experience in writing clean, testable code.
– Have proven experience in building and maintaining APIs in a performant, efficient, and scalable manner.
– Preferably, have expertise in Node.js frameworks such as Express.
– Exhibit experience with databases, including MongoDB and/or PostgreSQL/SQL.
– Bonus: Possess familiarity with AWS services.
– Bonus: Be acquainted with Kafka and have experience in its implementation.
– Bonus: Have exposure to Golang for both backend and potential full-stack roles.
– Take ownership of the full-stack development process, from ideation to implementation and maintenance.
– Architect and implement scalable, efficient, and secure web and mobile applications.
– Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and fellow developers to deliver high-quality software solutions.
– Lead and mentor junior developers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
– Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices, bringing innovative ideas to enhance our technology stack.
Work Environment and Benefits:
– Permanent employment with a standard 3-month trial period.
– Enjoy a pleasant and informal working environment within a professional and collaborative team.
– Embrace a flexible and hybrid work model with the option to work remotely and from our office located in Melbourne, Australia.
– Immerse yourself in an Agile and DevOps culture that encourages autonomy and creativity.
– Receive a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and expertise.
– Explore a wide range of training and education opportunities to enhance your professional growth.
– Engage in team and company-wide knowledge-sharing sessions to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
– Participate in team-building events, social gatherings, and activities to strengthen camaraderie.
– Enjoy guaranteed refreshments at the workplace, including coffee, tea, and fresh fruit.
– Work in a modern office space with convenient amenities.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Senior-DeveloperAnalyst/577937917/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→