Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
You will support the growth of the solution pillar of Routing, Mobile, & Telematics in North America. You establish relationships with decision-makers of prospects, customers, and partners from diverse industries, identify the business requirements and value impact of the solutions and drive the sales engagement to a successful closure. For this, you qualify early and hard, regardless of the opportunity size, and are willing to go the extra mile to meet the customer expectations and get the deal closed. In your function, you report to the Director of N.A. Enterprise Fleet Sales and are part of a fast-growing and energetic sales team. The sales team is supported by different corporate and regional functions (marketing, solution consulting, legal). Pre-existing (or to be learned) knowledge of Supply Chain and Logistics and how it supports client industries: retail, distribution, manufacturing, & third-party logistics and/or vertical specific expertise in home delivery, grocery, food/beverage, construction, industrials, oil/gas, healthcare, and transports is required.
You are responsible for achieving your individual monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
• You are responsible for net new opportunity identification and revenue generation from an assigned portfolio of named enterprise accounts
• You create, identify, and qualify enterprise sales opportunities for Descartes products and services by prospecting, warm networking, collaborating with ecosystem partners, targeting prior/familiar Descartes customer contacts (moved roles/companies), cross-selling, and up-selling. For this, you engage in direct net new sales engagements, you work with with channel partners to recommend Descartes solutions, and you work with existing accounts.
• You work cross-functionally to develop industry and account strategies focused on target markets and accounts
• You facilitate and maintain successful relationships with prospects, clients, and partners and manage the resulting leads and opportunities to win new business. For this, you call on senior executives / owners and decision-makers in the respective organization
• You understand the value proposition of the Descartes solutions and can identify and articulate the business impact on the customer’s operation
• You are (or become) proficient in the Customer Centric Selling (Bosworth, Holland, Visgatis) process and methodology
• You can ‘quarterback’ and manage large/complex enterprise sales engagements ($1M+ deal value) through all stages of the buying process from initial engagement through contract finalization and kick-off of project implementation / solution deployment
• You ensure proactive coverage of target accounts with appropriate forecasting
• You hand over new deals in a structured manner to the delivery organization and closely monitor customer satisfaction throughout the implementation phase
• You represent Descartes at events and seminars and are an enthusiastic ambassador of the Descartes organization and its customers
• You can set up an Account Planning and create a sales plan accordingly
• You maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM activity on the accounts that you are working on
Qualifications and Attributes:
You have excellent sales planning and closing skills and a proven track record of overachieving against your targets
• You are results-driven, able to achieve objectives by identifying opportunities and building a pipeline
• You have excellent organizational and presentation skills
• You have excellent networking and relationship building skills and are known and respected for your ability to maintain an elevated business conversation with your prospects and customers
• You are well experienced in identifying and articulating business value as a core element of your sales approach
• You have good impacting and influencing skills
• You are a real team player, able to work in a virtual team with colleagues and partners from diverse functions and backgrounds
• You are well organized and keen on personal development
• You have at least 8+ years of solid experience in the industry, selling SaaS and technology products in a similar role, and are interested in a lasting joint journey
• You have accredited bachelor’s and/or master’s degree/s (preferably ‘of science’ in engineering, technology, and/or business)
Location: This is a remote opportunity open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States. #LI-Remote
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.