Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Descartes MacroPoint is looking for a full stack developer who is proficient in .NET development to join our team and work on various projects related to the transportation industry, particularly logistics and supply chain. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining applications using .NET Core, Azure, and SQL Server.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze/interpret business requirements to implement software-based solutions
• Develop, maintain, and enhance applications using C#, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, and various Azure technologies
• Design and optimize database schemas, queries, and stored procedures using SQL Server
• Identify, troubleshoot, and remediate defects in windows and web services
• Implement RESTful web APIs and microservices using .NET technologies and Service Fabric
• Test and debug various .NET applications
• Review and refactor code
• Upgrade existing applications
• Implement and perform unit testing to ensure quality
• Write clean, maintainable, well-documented code following best practices and standards.
• Follow approved development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Agile, etc.)
• Communicate effectively with team members and clients to understand requirements and provide feedback.
• Use Azure Dev Ops and/or Git Source Control to manage code repositories and workflows
• 4+ years of experience in full stack web development using C# and .NET technologies
o Proficient in C#, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, LINQ, and Razor
• 4+ years experience with T-SQL and other SQL Server technologies
o Proficient in SQL Server, T-SQL, SSRS, and SSIS
• Experience with web service technologies such as WCF, Web API, REST, SOAP, and GraphQL
• Experience with distributed computing technologies such as ServiceBus and Redis.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud computing
o Azure cloud services such as App Service, Service Fabric, Azure SQL Database, Azure Storage, Azure DevOps, etc.
• Knowledge of web service technologies including WCF, Web API, REST
• Knowledge of distributed computing (including queuing and caching technologies)
• Understanding of front-end technologies/responsive web design
• Ability to parse and manipulate data stored in various forms
• Experience using Azure Dev Ops and/or Git Source Control
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles and patterns
• Strong knowledge of web application architecture and security
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Service Fabric experience a plus
• Power BI experience a plus
• Logistics and Supply Chain knowledge
Location: This is a remote opportunity, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada. #LI-Remote
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.