Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
The Implementation Consultant works with customers to implement various Descartes solutions. The most commonly implemented solutions related to this role include transportation and mobile resource management applications. The Implementation Consultant participates in, and sometimes owns and leads, customer projects. These projects typically consist of business process analysis, design, configuration, testing and go-live support activities related to the implementation of Descartes’ solutions. The Implementation Consultant is also responsible for training activities related to the implementation and deployment of Descartes’ solutions.
- Analyze and assess customer requirements.
- Analyze customer’s routing, scheduling, transportation management and related logistics operations and recommend improvements based on customer’s operational requirements.
- Design and configure systems according to client/server architecture.
- Analyze, design and test proprietary software applications.
- Apply knowledge of logistics operations and logistics software solutions using graphical user interface-based tools.
- Implement and configure Descartes’ proprietary applications and solutions.
- Train customers on Descartes’ proprietary products and solutions.
- Create and document future client business processes based on software to be implemented, including interface requirements.
- Interface with customer IT/IS department to facilitate software configuration and design changes.
- Respond to customer application problems and provide post-implementation technical support based on a detailed understanding of the functional conceptual features of Descartes’ proprietary software and applications.
- This position will require up to 20-35% travel.
- We are Looking For Someone Who Has these Essential Qualities/Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Supply Chain/Logistics Management, or related field of study is required.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience is required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills that will be used to communicate individually and a conference room setting.
- Ability to operate independently in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and explain technical concepts to Descartes’s largest customers.
- Strong critical thinking skills, including ability to identify suboptimal internal processes.
- Ability to construct select, update, insert and delete Queries with multi-table joins (4+ tables).
- Understand the advantages and differences of a normalized database structure.
- Ability to set up and interpret SQL Profiles.
- Ability to analyze queries for improvements.
- Understand the difference between isolation levels (e.g. read uncommitted (NOLOCK), read committed and serializable).
- Experience creating/reading XML documents.
- Strong familiarity with Windows server environments and APIs.
- Experience with managing IIS-based applications.
- Ability to interpret log files, application pools, etc.
- Ability to create xpath statements to read specific data elements from XMLs.
- Ability to interpret/create XSL translations.
- Experience mapping data between 2 different systems.
Location: This is a remote position, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.