Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
If you believe in the need to understand the customer’s business, requirements, and areas of improvement as a fundamental piece in every sales engagement, and if you enjoy articulating business value to win, then read on!
Descartes’ ecomm Warehouse Management Solutions helps high-growth direct to consumer brands and retailers to deliver consistent customer experience. The way we do this is by transforming the warehouse and inventory management to work within our proven playbook for e-commerce fulfilment. Our warehouse management system uses an Android mobile app to automate the workflows to get accurate inventory, pick orders accurately and ship orders on time. We help our customers to realize concrete financial value and are recognized as a leader in ecomm WMS across the globe. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong business acumen, technical background and commercial mindset to be our next eCommerce & WMS Solutions Consultant with the ambition to develop as a subject matter expert in a fast-growing global team.
• You will work alongside a strong, multinational team of solutions consultants, account executives and engage in the more complex sales cycles,
• As a critical member of the sales team, you help drive the discovery processes to help qualify an opportunity from both a business and a technical perspective,
• Analyze the customer’s business realities and requirements and identify areas of business improvement,
• You utilize the insights you gained of customer’s requirements and your deep understanding of the solution capabilities to articulate the business impact that Descartes’ solutions can bring,
• And you help design a winning approach with a clear value driven message,
• supporting in the delivery of winning presentations, proposals (RFx) and management of other customer communications during pursuit of an opportunity,
• Where necessary you will prepare and conduct product demonstrations to support the sales engagement and convince the customer stakeholders,
• And everything you do is focused on the fundamental principle of customer centricity, partnering effectively with others to ensure customer satisfaction and long-term loyalty.
If these points mean something to you and describe how you think and act, then we would welcome the opportunity to get to know you and explain who we are!
Required Education and Skills:
• 3-6 years Technical Sales and/or Pre-sales experience, ideally with SaaS solutions.
• 4 – 6 years of experience in product management / product marketing / sales / implementation / support in logistics.
• Domain experience in the logistics & supply chain world, such as eCommerce or Warehouse management systems would be an asset.
• Experience in Data Analysis and Modeling to understand current state and measure against future state
• Strong business and technical acumen
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Language skills: Fluent in English
• Ability to present to both small and large groups and senior stakeholders remotely and onsite
• University Degree or equivalent experience
• This is a remote opportunity for applicants living in NA or APAC. #LI-remote
• Some travel for customer / prospect meetings 20-30%
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.