Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
- This person is responsible for maintaining the operational status of the desktop and infrastructure systems and will work closely with other members of the IT team.
- The duties of this position range across Windows and Linux systems support the complex solutions around business needs.
- The candidate is required to work independently and in conjunction with Mid-level and Senior Administrator to address the circumstances, problems, access management, and deliver projects and activities related to infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of Windows tools such as Active Directory Users and Computers, DNS and Server Manager is required. Understanding of and experience with VMware and Aws POC is a plus.
- Familiarity with other tools such as Bacula Netbackup, Pandora Flexible monitoring system and Site24x7. Responsibility also includes alerts tracking, ticket management queue, and keeping documentation up to date.
- Candidates is required to have strong analysis and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in briefings, participate in cross-functional technical meetings, strong commitment to the process, and understanding the changes and adjustments management principles.
- Candidates should be willing to provide 24/7 coverage (on-call rotation) and participate in after-hours patching Windows and Linux Update on a rotational basis.
- Operation and maintenance of Windows server systems running MS Windows Server
- Operation and maintenance of Linux server systems running CentOS 6 and 7, Fedora and Ubuntu.
- Operation of Windows Active Directory infrastructure, DNS and user administration.
- Resolve issues rising from the production support and provide resolution for customer issues.
- Participate in after-hours weekly shift to respond to emergency requests business (on-call rotation).
- Participate in after-hours monthly patching rotation.
- Installing new software and system upgrades including the installation and testing of Windows and Linux patches.
- Actively monitor systems and resolve issues.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server and Linux Server
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills, a strong sense of ownership, and a can do attitude.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS and other core Windows services.
- Ability to learn new products and technologies.
- Ability to monitor and respond to system issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Experience working in a mid-size to large environments.
- Ability to manage own work and deliver on-time.
- Ability to respond to changing requirements and tasking.
- Ability to create and manage work instructions, system and project documentation.
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements more effectively in both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of anti-virus applications.
- Working knowledge of backup systems.
- Understanding the concept of security.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Makati-City-Systems-Administrator/567851017/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→