Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
We’re aiming to double sales yet again, but we need your help! Reporting to the SVP, Sales EMEA we are looking for an experienced, collaborative and entrepreneurial sales leader who has built and scaled teams.
People describe you as a coach, motivated, decisive, goal-oriented, and a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment. You understand the value of business planning, are passionate about continuous improvement, and are a champion of a milestone-driven, repeatable, consultative sales approach. You’re a strong problem solver and excel at listening and asking the right questions. You ideally have domain knowledge of Fleet Management and SaaS sales experience. If this sounds like YOU… Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position
We are looking for:
An experienced Vice President of Fleet Solutions Sales (Routing, Mobile, Telematics) who can manage and drive quota-bearing teams of successful professionals. The incumbent will have the following attributes:
- Leadership style: A positive coach interested in their employees’ development as well as the bottom line.
- Mindset: Strong team player and motivator who moves quickly from plan to action and is a fierce, winning competitor.
- Employee Management: Ability to manage a team composed of members working remotely.
- Executive presence: Will serve as a strong and effective representative of Descartes and is able to effectively communicate the company’s message and value proposition.
What’s in it for you?
At Descartes, we value the contributions that each of our employees make towards achieving our corporate goals. We strive to ensure that each member of our team is given the tools and support they need to make valuable contributions. Descartes is committed to providing a stimulating and rewarding work environment, including competitive salaries and benefits.
As part of the Descartes team, you will have the opportunity to work with globally recognized market leaders who take pride in delivering quality services and market-leading innovations.
You will be responsible for:
- Build and implement the expansion strategy and business plans to exceed revenue targets, drive market share and grow awareness.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with presales, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Coach sales team to uncover customer needs, demonstrate the differentiated value of our products and services and negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and return on investment.
- Direct sales activities within assigned area, set expectations, provide mentorship, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales cycle.
- Hire, develop and coach the team to achieve business objectives.
- Consistently deliver revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key partners including at the executive level to drive market share and revenue
- Success in this role is measured by team quota attainment, revenue recognition, individual team member performance, and leadership in the organization
You will bring:
- Proven track record as a strategic enterprise software sales executive and business builder within the technology industry. Both technically astute and possessing business acumen and 5 plus years of experience in enterprise sales solutions.
- Proven track record as a sales leader having built out teams of A players, coached to a milestone-based sales process, and closely managed / driving team metrics.
- Operates well within a high performance, team-oriented culture, and is a “winner” who is highly energetic, hungry and passionate.
- Domain knowledge and experience of Fleet Management solutions (Routing, Mobile, Telematics) is required.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, technology or related field.
Please note that this role requires satisfactory completion of References/Background Check and Educational Verification
This is a remote opportunity, open to applicants authorized to work in EMEA or UK
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/VP-Fleet-Management-EMEA/570182017/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→