Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
We’re aiming to double sales yet again, but we need your help! Reporting to the SVP, Sales North America we are looking for an experienced, collaborative and entrepreneurial sales leader who has built and scaled teams.
People describe you as motivated, decisive, goal-oriented, and a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment. You understand the value of business planning, are passionate about continuous improvement, and are a champion of a milestone-driven, repeatable, consultative sales approach. You’re a strong problem solver and excel at listening and asking the right questions. You ideally have domain knowledge of Logistics Service Provders and SaaS sales experience.
If this sounds like YOU… we would love to connect.
• Build and implement the expansion strategy and key account joint business plans to exceed revenue targets, drive market share and grow awareness.
• Drives accountability on KPIs, activity metrics, and foundation for results.
• Manages and provides guidance on escalated client issues to ensure optimal client satisfaction
• Strategic Planning: Ability to define the problem / issue and marketing research objectives,
• Develop strategic partnerships with key partners including at the executive level to drive market share and revenue.
• Ensure proper processes and technologies are in place for scale
• Accurately predict pipeline using data and experience to ensure future targets are attainable
• Ensure disciplined performance management fundamentals including financial, forecasting, activity evaluation, and market sizing.
• Hire, develop and coach the regional teams to achieve business objectives.
• Provide strategic leadership by being the voice to optimize marketing, training plans and experiences to drive the business.
• Ensure timely and accurate forecasting of sales and gap-to-target
• Drive strong cross-group collaboration with Marketing, operations and Product to drive industry leading service.
• Success in this role is measured by team quota attainment, revenue recognition, sales margin, individual team member performance, and leadership in the organization
• Proven track record as a strategic enterprise software sales executive and business builder within the technology industry. Both technically astute and possessing business acumen and 5 plus years of experience in enterprise sales solutions (>$250K transactions).
• Proven track record as a sales leader having built out teams of A players, coached to a milestone-based sales process, and closely managed / driving team metrics.
• Operates well within a high performance, team-oriented culture, and is a “winner” who is highly energetic, hungry and passionate.
• Possesses unquestioned personal and business integrity, high ethical standards and a highly professional approach to their relationships and their position.
• Experience in logsitcs service providers back office systema and operations preferred
• Clear understanding of how logistics and the effectiveness of an organization’s supply chain impacts the bottom line; operational experience is an asset
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, technology or related field.
LOCATION – This is a remote opportunity and open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States. #LI-remote
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/VP%2C-Sales-NA/570130617/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→