Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
The Client Development Representative, part of the marketing operations team, is responsible for engagement of target prospects, as well as triage, qualification, and lead assignment of Descartes’ inbound inquiry flow. Additionally, this resource will liaise and collaborate with sales, field marketing and product marketing resources to support client follow-up with demand and lead generation initiatives. The role is heavily data driven so the ideal candidate must have strong attention to detail and be comfortable working within a CRM system to capture activities.
- Timely engagement of inbound inquiries within a target response time of less than an hour
- Qualification of inbound inquiries, documentation of relevant opportunity details, and assignment to the appropriate sales resource as per assignment criteria established by sales management
- Developing and enforcing Standard Operating Procedures
- Supporting Descartes’ marketing and sales teams with various tasks as required
- Demand generation campaign follow-up support by proactive engagement of target contacts (telephone and electronic)
- List building / enrichment activities to support sales & marketing campaigns
- Report building & analyzing data for various teams as required
Qualifications and Key Attributes:
- Fluent in English; both verbal and written communication skills
- Post-secondary education, background in business/ finance/ accounting is an asset.
- Experience/knowledge of Microsoft CRM Dynamics and working with and analyzing large data is a strong asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Must be proactive with strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with the culture of a fast-growing organization in an ever-changing industry
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a positive customer service-oriented attitude
- Ability to work effectively, knowledgeably, and collaboratively with a wide range of internal company functions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Experience in enterprise software and services marketing, sales and/or business development is a plus
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Client-Development-Representative/569626317/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→