Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional to join our Customer Success Management Team for the Logistics Service Provider (LSP) customers. Descartes Customer Success is responsible for managing the overall health and relationship of the LSP customers, focusing on their individual and network success using Descartes’ solutions.
Descartes Customer Success Management Team is available to the customers management and super users to help drive adoption, address support issues, and optimise their experience on the platform. You will manage your own portfolio of customers to strengthen retention, increase expansion, and cultivate advocacy. You will act as the customers trusted advisor by delivering insights, best practices, and value-added recommendations. This is a challenging role that requires strategic thinking and relationship building, and at times is also quite tactical, requiring hands-on problem-solving. This role is home-based; you will preferably be located in the UK, but applications from other European locations will be considered.
• Creating highly satisfied customers by demonstrating a personal commitment to their successful use of Kontainers and Global Digital Rate Management Tool.
• Driving increased user adoption and customer engagement, creating long-term beneficial relationships, and enhancing the customer support experience.
• Monitoring customer health, retention, and day-to-day support activities.
• Collaborating with customers and internal teams alike to address areas of concern where appropriate.
• Advocating on behalf of the customer with Professional Services, Product Management, and Engineering teams to champion customer enhancements or bug fixes that will improve the customer experience.
• Operating as a point of escalation for customers, including answering how-to questions and coordinating with internal teams to address concerns regarding operational matters.
• Prioritising and triaging incoming customer issues.
• Collaborating with the Strategic Account Manager to provide performance metrics and identify opportunities.
• Significant work experience in customer success or customer service is required.
• Experience or familiarity with supply chain management, international trade, logistics, or shipping industry practices is required; experience in freight forwarding is preferred.
• Strong customer engagement experience; oral, written, and presentation skills with highly refined interpersonal skills are required.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are essential.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
• Ability to multitask and work in a deadline/time-sensitive environment.
• Ability to work independently, and be a team player.
Customer Success Managers Have
• A sense of urgency – Conduct your work with intensity and speed. Huddle fast. Make fact-based decisions. Use good judgment. Keeping the initiatives moving. Repeat.
• A passion for customer success – Be responsive. Follow through on promises. Reject mediocrity. Be obsessive about doing better. Be accessible and communicate proactively. Be selfless. Work as One Descartes.
• A thirst for innovation – Be curious. Be a change agent. Some ideas will prove out, and others will not. Fail fast. Iterate. Stay ahead of technology.
• A focus on results – Never ignore results and facts. Learn and adjust. Focus on quality in all that you do. Do more of what works; less of what is not working. Invest your time in value creation. Act like an owner with an adaptive, entrepreneurial spirit.
• A sense of community – Show compassion and caring for others. Be socially responsible. Be inclusive.
Location: This is a remote position, open to applicant authorized to work in the United Kingdom.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Customer-Success-Manager/563569717/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→