Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Descartes is delivering results today for global organizations that operate logistics intensive businesses and require visibility and control over multi-channel networks of trading partners and shipment management processes. We deliver fast time-to-value and drive tangible improvements in productivity, performance and customer service across our entire customer base. Descartes is seeking experienced Senior Director to lead a Professional Services practice to drive world-class outcomes leading to best-in-class customer satisfaction and retention.
- This role is responsible for all Professional Services (PS) related to the Routing and Mobile solutions pillar within the North American region/geography
- Drive high margins through proper organization design, cost structure, and efficiencies – decrease cost to implement
- Grow PS revenues within your practice, engaging in sales opportunities and directly with customers to identify and secure additional engagements.
- Manage critical customer escalations to successful outcomes
- Act as a trusted advisor with key accounts while reducing the burden on executive intervention
- Drive consistent and best practices across all projects related to clear and frequent communications to ensure scope alignment, identify risks and to track budget and timing
- Re-think implementation methodologies to align to best practices and lower cost vs traditional approaches
- Build and lead multiple teams tasked with the delivery of professional services including implementation, training, and project management
- Responsible for PS revenue forecasting and target achievement
- Ensure all front-line PS team members are highly utilized and achieve billable utilization targets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Sales/Pre-Sales, Marketing, Product Mgmt, R&D/IT, Customer Success, Customer Support) to identify process breakdown points and develop innovative solutions
- Deliver executive communications on key business metrics, performance, project status and health, and any incidents affecting delivery of professional services
- Coach and mentor team members, especially managers, to elevate the quality of services delivered and instill high levels of professionalism, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Collaborate with global counterparts to standardize implementation approach and methodology, as well as to share and leverage global resources to increase revenue opportunities
- Provide direction and guidance to Routing Implementation team ensuring tasks and work efforts are in alignment with Routing vision and goals
- Partner with product and engineering team members to create secure, reliable, and scalable software solutions
- Collaborate with Support regarding knowledge transfer and project transition
- Define and design standard operating procedures based on best practices for implementing DSG software solutions
- Provide PS team members with necessary resources, support, and tools removing road blocks and ensuring successful project implementations
- Partner with the Sales team and assist in project pre-qualification and scoping to ensure that high quality deals are sold that will lead to customer success
- Team management of workflow and work allocation
- Triage and prioritization of incoming requests
Qualification & Required Skills
Business Skills Required
- Demonstrates an understanding of the scope and issues relevant to transportation and logistics software implementations
- Applies technology and business knowledge to solve business problems
- Sets and conveys clear goals and monitors progress
- Results driven and adds value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others
- High-level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy and quality work
- Establishes and builds long-lasting relationships with customers, applying knowledge of the business and processes to provide a value-added service
- Uses customer feedback as a basis for improving Descartes’ services and solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor degree and associated qualifications
- Minimum 7 years practical experience specifically in systems implementations for a software vendor or similar company
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience managing and mentoring team members in a systems implementation capacity
- Demonstrated ability managing project scope, and identifying and quantifying scope creep and costs associated with scope creep
- Ability to forecast revenue and growth, while monitoring actual revenue generation
- Demonstrated ability to manage large cross functional teams and business transformational projects
- Demonstrated capability to manage and deliver successful projects
- Effective time and resource capacity management
- Ability and willingness to travel
Location: This is a remote opportunity and open to applicants authorized to work in Canada or the United States.
Salary Range: $110,000 to $130,000 USD “Compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills as well as the years of experience you have. Similar positions located in different geographic regions will not necessarily receive the same compensation.”
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Director%2C-Professional-Services/566011517/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→