Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
The Implementation Consultant works with customers to implement various Descartes solutions. The most commonly implemented solutions related to this role include transportation and mobile resource management applications. The Implementation Consultant participates in, and sometimes owns and leads, customer projects. These projects typically consist of business process analysis, solution design, installation, configuration, testing and go-live support activities related to the implementation of Descartes’ solutions. The Implementation Consultant is also responsible for training activities related to the implementation and deployment of Descartes’ solutions.
- Apply knowledge of logistics operations and logistics software solutions using sophisticated analytical tools.
- Analyze and assess customer requirements.
- Analyze customer’s routing, scheduling, transportation management and related logistics operations and recommend improvements based on customer’s operational requirements.
- Analyze, design, configure and test proprietary software applications.
- Implement and configure Descartes’ proprietary applications and solutions.
- Conduct data analysis and data validation to identify errors within customer data or software output. Scrub data to produce clean/compliant/usable data sets.
- Train customers on Descartes’ proprietary products and solutions.
- Create and document future client business processes based on software to be implemented, including interface requirements.
- Interface with customer IT/IS department to facilitate software installation and design changes.
- Respond to customer application problems and provide post-implementation technical support based on a detailed understanding of the functional conceptual features of Descartes’ proprietary software and applications.
- This position may require up to 50% travel, at times.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Supply Chain/Logistics Management, Industrial Engineering or related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 – 6 years of related experience.
- Experience in Data Analysis and Modeling to understand current state and measure against future state.
- Experience implementing business transformation/process improvement projects and software systems that produce operational savings.
- Experience documenting business goals and transforming those into requirements and delivering a solution that produces the desired ROI, preferably within the logistics or transportation operations space.
- Experience with delivering live training and coaching new users through the initial phases of the solution adoption.
- Deep knowledge of tactical and strategic routing and the various business constraints that can impact success.
- Success applying continuous improvement and root-cause analysis to identify waste and implement improved service to end customers.
- Proven success managing all levels of stakeholders and ability to gain consensus on goals.
- Basic general knowledge of SQL Server and database connections.
- Able to read and write (basic) SQL scripts.
- Familiarity with (virtualized) Windows server environments.
- Working knowledge of Networking Components (switches, routers, VLANs, tracing, ping, firewalls, etc.).
- Understanding of Terminal Services and Citrix.
- Understanding of how to identify network issues via basic network troubleshooting tools and methods.
- Understanding of how to access and utilize server and software logs for troubleshooting.
- Experience creating/reading XML documents.
- Experience mapping data between 2 different systems.
This is a remote position based out of your home office.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Makati-City-Implementation-Consultant/561901317/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→