Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Reporting to the VP, Product Management (Customs & Regulatory Control) who is based in the United Kingdom, the Product Analyst will be responsible for assisting product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering customer requirements and working closely with the Product Owner, sales, marketing, professional services and support to product goals are met.
- Identify requirements from customs regulations and procedures, customers, support, and operational perspectives.
- Assist in the monitoring of European legal changes.
- Liaise with clients to gather other new requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of all known requirements from multiple sources.
- Analyse / evaluate new opportunities and verify proposed changes.
- Prepare requirements to a level suitable to be taken further by development teams.
- Validate and test new functionality of the system.
- Review technical documentation to ensure it delivers specified business requirements.
- Prepare internal and external communications on product and new release matters.
- Assist in maintaining standard product documentation.
- Work with business teams to develop and implement migration plans to move customers from legacy to current products or where new legal changes are introduced.
- Support sales and marketing in terms of product demonstrations and marketing material.
- Attend Customs and trade meetings on behalf of Descartes Product Management to represent Descartes and feedback to the organisation.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and personal attributes:
- 3 years of directly related experience in Customs and Customs IT projects.
- Service-oriented, and solution-driven
- Responsible and accountable
- Willingness and ability to take ownership to get the task done
- Strong people skills
- Excellent organisational and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and consensus building skills
- Excellent understanding of Dutch and English language, German Preferable.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects independently
- Experience in the customs and logistics field is essential
- Experience in Project Management is desirable.
The position will be based in the Benelux region but the successful candidate should be willing to travel to other Descartes European offices as required.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Lier-Product-Analyst-2500/578064717/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→