Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Working out of our Nelson, New Zealand location, the successful incumbent will be a senior developer of End-to-end web-based software solutions for Descartes-IOT products. You will collaborate with other software developers on User interface design/build processes and implement best practice interfaces using Descartes standard practices and appropriate creativity. Being a senior developer, you will complete Business Analysis activities and will also work closely with hardware engineers to develop tracking software for our IOT products and services. Your work will encompass the complete embedded and web-based software development lifecycle.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Your responsibilities are situated in the following domains:
• Lead the design and implementation of web-based systems in close collaboration with Descartes-IOT hardware and software team members for embedded tracking devices.
• Champion the development of best-practice User Interfaces for Descartes-IOT software systems
• Lead the development of business analysis processes inside the software development team and champion best practice in BA processes.
• Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software.
• Mentor developers with good user interface practices and templated designs
• Drive the adoption of good software design, documentation, and release management practices
• Work closely with quality assurance and project management to ensure best overall delivery of products to customers with minimal defects.
• Integrate and validate new product designs.
• Understand Descartes UI design standards well and advocate for them in your direct team
• Actively participate in R&D review/improvement processes involving User Interface development
• Work with cross product and cross functional teams.
• 7+ years relevant experience in software engineering.
• Solid programming experience in multiple platforms such as Python, C or C++, and .Net C#.
• Proven experience in Business Analysis and User Interface design
• User Experience analysis experience in areas such as web-based and mobile applications
• Self-motivated, passionate, innovative, and strong sense of accountability and ownership.
• Commitment to good “clean code” development practices, including source control, bug tracking, object-oriented design, and developer-driven testing.
• Fit into an entrepreneurial culture that is a fast-paced and pro-active environment.
• Strong focus on Quality, Reliability, Sustainability, Scalability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication/documentation skills.
• University degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Engineering.
Nelson, New Zealand
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.descartes.com/job/Nelson-Senior-DeveloperAnalyst-7010/577767917/?feedId=349560&utm_source=CareerSite&tcsource=apply&utm_campaign=Descartes_WordPress→