Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
As a SRE Engineer, you will be part of a team that secures, deploys, manages, and automates our cloud systems. Thanks to your ambition and your technical know-how, you are making informed decisions to build solutions, implement new technology, provide training, maintain our infrastructure, and assist our development team.
• Participate in the design, development, implementation, and the maintenance of the cloud infrastructure platform alongside your team.
• Communicate with different teams to identify system dependencies.
• Deploy, configure, and maintain, servers, network appliances and cloud PaaS services.
• Ensure that adequate monitoring is in place to detect any security or availability issue for escalation.
• Ensure industry best practices are applied uniformly across the environment.
• Make suggestions to optimize system performance.
• Create extensible, automated continuous integration and delivery pipelines to test and release application code and IaC.
• Build CI/CD Pipelines as Code.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues.
• Maintain and update technical documentation and internal processes.
• Follow business processes to document changes.
• Willing to work outside standard operational hours.
• 5+ years of SysOps, SRE or DevOps experience.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent Knowledge of Public cloud environments (Azure preferred). AWS and GCP are a plus
• Advanced experience with at least one scripting or programming language (PowerShell, Bash, Python, Ruby, Go etc.).
• Strong pipeline experience (Azure DevOps preferred)
• Experience with web traffic load balancing tools such as Azure Application Gateway
• Experience with Infrastructure as code deployments done using descriptive languages such as Arm Templates and Bicep(Preferred). Terraform and Ansible are a plus
• Knowledge of deploying applications written in .NET (Desirable).
• Experience with monitoring tools (Azure Monitor, Dynatrace, Datadog, etc.).
• Knowledge of cloud security best practices to protect data from intrusion, loss, and corruption.
• Knowledge of Windows system orchestration.
• Knowledge and experience with docker and containers orchestration such as ECS and Kubernetes.
• Experience with New Relic and Packer
• Experience with Windows, Linux and IISS administration
• Experience with ElaticsSearch and REDIS administration
• Experience with JMeter performance load testing
Location: This is a remote opportunity, open to applicants authorized to work in Canada. Preference given to applicants based in Waterloo, Ontario #LI-Remote
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best idea wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Through COVID-19, we implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview and onboard candidates by video using Microsoft TEAMS. We record interviews and use them strictly for quality assurance, training and general record keeping purposes. Should you have any questions about this process, please connect with our hiring team in advance of scheduled interviews. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com. Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at [email protected]. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.